One of the most popular side dishes at the Loveless Cafe, this hearty favorite is served all day long with breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s hard to believe we cook up an average of 750 pounds of hashbrown casserole every week. Go ahead and give it a try, it’s an easy one-bowl side dish that’s sure to please! And if you feel like mixin’ it up a little, try adding your favorite spice, some chopped bacon or even diced jalapeño peppers. As seen on the Better show! Watch the video here.
- 1 (30-ounce) bag shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place in a well-greased, oven-safe casserole dish and bake covered (with lid or foil) in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and return to oven for another 30 minutes until brown.