There’s really nothing better than good, simple Southern food. Our recipe for creamed corn is proof of that! Made with a collection of very simple ingredients, we thicken our corn with pureed corn, not flour or corn starch. This not only makes for a lighter, brighter flavor but keeps it simple! After all, good food is simple food. When in season, we really recommend getting fresh corn and cutting it from the cob. When out of season, frozen corn kernels will do. Do not use canned corn!
- Put 4 cups of corn into one pot and 6 cups of corn into a second pot.
- To the 4 cup pot add: 3 cups water, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon kosher salt,1/2 stick of butter
- To the 6 cup pot add: 3 cups water, 1-1/2 cups of sugar, 3 tablespoons kosher salt, 1/2 stick of butter
- Place both pots on stove and bring to a boil.
- Drain the 6 cup pot of corn, return the corn to the pot and set aside.
- Drain the 4 cup pot of corn, return drained corn to pot add 1 cup heavy cream, bring to a boil then puree in a blender or food processor.
- Add the pureed mixture to the 6 cups of whole corn and, mix thoroughly and serve
Watch the video of Tony making our Creamed Corn in the Loveless kitchen.