An original recipe from the Loveless Events team, this baked pudding marries raspberries, bread, and white chocolate chips to create the holy trinity of decadent desserts.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9-by-13 baking dish.
- Place bread cubes in a medium bowl then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whip egg yolks, ½ cup sugar, and vanilla.
- Slowly add cream, whipping until color is lightened and mixture has almost doubled in size.
- Slowly fold egg mixture into bread cubes, making sure not to oversoak.
- Pour soaked bread into prepared dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- While bread cubes bake, combine egg whites and remaining ½ cup sugar in a medium bowl.
- Whisk or beat with a mixer until peaks form to make meringue. Set aside.
- After 20 minutes, remove bread cubes from oven and let cool, about 10 minutes.
- Scrape bread cubes into a large bowl (do not rinse baking dish) and fold in meringue, trying not to rip the bread.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and berries.
- Place bread pudding back into baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool while making glaze.
White Chocolate Glaze
- Heat all glaze ingredients in a double boiler until melted.
- Stir and serve warm over bread pudding.