Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
These yellow cupcakes are wonderfully rich and moist with a sweet vanilla flavor, topped with a smooth and silky chocolate cream cheese frosting.
Servings: 40 Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time; scrape down bowl, beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Divide batter evenly among cupcake liners, each about three-quarters full.
- Place in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans and placing on wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, sift cocoa and confectioners sugar together; set aside.
- In an electric mixer on medium-speed, beat butter, cream cheese, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Turn mixer to low-speed, add sifted confectioners sugar and cocoa mixture alternately with milk until combined. Raise speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Store in airtight container until ready to use.
Top with frosting and your favorite garnish or sprinkles!