Sweet Tea Cupcake with Salted Honey Frosting
Sweet Tea Cupcakes
Our southern sweet tea cupcakes with salted honey buttercream frosting will complement any upcoming plans you have this summer! This recipe was created by our Loveless Cafe Pastry Chef Christa Nash.
Servings: 15 Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- Warm milk until near boiling; add tea leaves directly into milk. Allow to cool, then strain through a fine sieve; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and tea/milk mixture in alternately, scraping down sides of bowl; mix until batter is smooth.
- Scoop batter into prepared cupcake liners, each about three-quarters full.
- Place in preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and placing on wire rack to cool completely.
Salted Honey Buttercream Frosting
- In an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and honey, scraping down sides of bowl, making sure it is well blended.
- Turn mixer on low speed; gradually add confectioners sugar and salt, scraping sides of bowl in between additions. After all sugar is added, raise the speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy.
- Store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
- Refrigerate any leftover buttercream.
When cupcakes are cooled, top with Salted Honey Buttercream Frosting and serve ’em up!