Our Southern sweet tea cupcakes with salted honey buttercream frosting will complement any upcoming plans you have this summer! This recipe was created by our Loveless Cafe Pastry Chef, Christa Nash.
Sweet Tea Cupcakes
Servings: 15 Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- Warm milk until near boiling, then add tea leaves directly into milk.
- Allow to cool then strain through a fine sieve; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and tea/milk mixture in alternately, scraping down sides of bowl. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Scoop batter into prepared cupcake liners, about three-quarters full.
- Place in preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing cupcakes from pan and placing on wire rack to cool completely.
Salted Honey Buttercream Frosting
- In an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and honey together, scraping down sides of bowl.
- Turn mixer on low speed and gradually add confectioners sugar and salt. Scrape sides of bowl in-between additions.
- After all sugar is added, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Store in an air tight container until ready to use.
- When cupcakes are cooled, top with Salted Honey Buttercream Frosting and serve ’em up!
- Refrigerate any leftover buttercream.