Home > Recipes > Sweet n’ Spicy Grilled Okra with Lemon Dip
Sweet n’ Spicy Grilled Okra with Lemon Dip
Do you have fresh okra growing in your garden this year? Here is a simple delicious recipe for you to try.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Clean and trim okra. For best results, try to select smaller pods, as they will be more tender.
- Blend oil with dry rub, sorghum and cracked red pepper flakes.
- Toss with fresh okra.
- Carefully skewer the okra pods, using two skewers for each to ease the grilling process, otherwise they will be difficult to turn.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in warm water for 30 minutes prior to skewering the okra.
- Place the skewered okra on the hot grill, cooking until the okra’s green color heightens and grill or char marks appear. Turn and repeat the process.
- Remove and serve with lemon dipping sauce.
- Blend all ingredients together well.
- Refrigerate until needed.