Our Strawberry Preserves make the perfect filling for this iconic childhood treat! This recipe is so easy that the kids can join in the fun of helping make them!
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out your pie crust on a floured surface until dough is approximately ⅛ inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut out two 4" x 3" rectangles for each pop tart.
- Beat egg yolk and water together to make egg wash.
- Brush top of each rectangle with egg wash and use a fork to poke holes all over.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of preserves into the center of each pop tart and spread it out, leaving about a ½ inch from the edge. Do not overfill.
- Add top piece of dough to each pop tart and use a fork to seal the edges.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whisk together confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and milk until you have the consistency of a thick glaze. If your glaze is too thick to spread, add more milk.
- Glaze your cooled pop tarts and decorate with sprinkles or other toppings of your choice. Allow 1 hour for glaze to set.