Home > Recipes > Strawberry Pop Tarts
Strawberry Pop Tarts
Our Strawberry Preserves make the perfect filling for this iconic childhood treat! This recipe is so easy that the kids can join in the fun of helping make them!
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out your pie crust on a floured surface until dough is approximately ⅛ inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut out two 4" x 3" rectangles for each pop tart.
- Beat egg yolk and water together to make egg wash.
- Brush top of each rectangle with egg wash and use a fork to poke holes all over.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of preserves into the center of each pop tart and spread it out, leaving about a ½ inch from the edge. Do not overfill.
- Add top piece of dough to each pop tart and use a fork to seal the edges.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whisk together confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and milk until you have the consistency of a thick glaze. If your glaze is too thick to spread, add more milk.
- Glaze your cooled pop tarts and decorate with sprinkles or other toppings of your choice. Allow 1 hour for glaze to set.