Nothing like strawberry milk for a fun afternoon snack!
Servings: 4 - 8 ounce servings
- In a heavy bottom pot, combine strawberries with 1 cup of water.
- Crush the berries with a potato masher and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Strain the juice into a heat proof bowl, pressing hard on the solids. Discard the solids
- Rinse out the pot. Add the sugar, lemon zest and remaining 3 cups of water and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Boil the syrup over medium heat til it registers 225* on a candy thermometer, about 20 minutes.
- Add the strawberry juice and lemon juice and boil over high heat for 1 minute.
- Let syrup cool, then discard the lemon zest.
- Pour into just - cleaned bottles.
- Seal and refrigerate for up to 6 months.
- Blend milk and syrup well to combine
- Chill and serve