Strawberry & Brie Waffle Grilled Cheese
Loveless Waffles made into a delicious grilled cheese breakfast!
Strawberry Balsamic Compote
- In a medium saucepan, add strawberries, sugar, balsamic and vanilla and bring to a boil, stirring as needed.
- Reduce heat to a high simmer and cook for 30-45 minutes, watching and stirring until the juices thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
NOTE: The Strawberry Balsamic Compote will keep in your refrigerator for up to one month and makes and excellent topping for vanilla ice cream!
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Prepare your own waffles with Loveless Cafe’s Belgian Waffle and Pancake mix!! cut into quarters.
- Place the waffle segments on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Slice the chilled brie into slices no thicker than ¼ inch and place them on top of each waffle segment.
- Top each segment with a spoonful of strawberry balsamic compote and place the pan in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the brie has melted and the waffles are warmed through.
- Sandwich two sides together and serve immediately.