A Loveless Cafe creation… Tennessee sipping whiskey and chocolate chips added to our already delicious pecan pie… it is a must-have during the Iroquois Steeplechase here in Nashville.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Toss the pecans with the chocolate chips and scatter them evenly over the bottom of the pie shell.
- Put the sugar in a medium size mixing bowl; add the melted butter, whiskey and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the corn syrup and whisk until blended.
- Pour this mixture over the nuts and chips in the pie shell.
- Set the pie on a sturdy baking sheet in the middle of the oven.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50- 55 minutes, until the filling puffs up a bit and sets across the top of the pie.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
Tips for pre -baked pie shell:
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Weather using a store-bought prepared shell or homemade pastry, place the pie shell on a sturdy baking sheet to make it easier to maneuver.
- Line the shell with parchment paper and fill with 3 cups of dried beans or pie weights.
- Bake the shell for 18 – 20 minutes. the dough should look fairly dry but not at all browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Remove the paper and the beans or pie weights.
- Let the shell cool completely before proceeding with your recipe.
- Be sure to save the beans they can be reused many times.