Its grilling time! These giant portobello mushrooms are grilled to perfection, served on top of a lightly spiced succotash and drizzled with Loveless Cafe Sweet with a Bite BBQ Sauce. YUMMY!
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Brush mushroom caps, bell pepper and corn with oil and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Grill mushroom, peppers and corn, turning occasionally, until tender and charred on both sides, 5-6 min for mushrooms and pepper and 8-10 minutes for the corn.
- Whisk vinegar, brown sugar, pepper sauce and 1/4 teaspoon of salt into a cast iron skillet.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring, add the grilled mushroom caps and turn to coat, remove mushrooms from pan, transferring to a cutting board; remove pan from heat.
- Meanwhile, cut corn kernels off cobs, cut pepper into 3/4 inch pieces; set aside.
- Drain and rinse black beans and hominy.
- Place corn, peppers, black beans, hominy and Lima beans into skillet with vinegar sauce add remaining seasoned salt.
- Return pan to medium heat and cook, stirring until the succotash is heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Slice the mushroom caps and serve on top of succotash.
- Garnish with BBQ sauce and toasted sunflower seeds.