Southern Fried Green Tomatoes
A Southern staple, Fried Green Tomatoes are a popular side in the Loveless Cafe, and we especially love using them on a BLT!
Servings: 6-8 Servings
- Slice tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Pour buttermilk into a shallow dish.
- Mix corn meal, salt, pepper and paprika together and place in a shallow dish.
- Dip each tomato slice into the buttermilk, then dredge it in the cornmeal mixture.
- Fry each slice in the oil until browned, 3 - 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook the other side until brown.
- Remove and place on a paper-towel-lined plate or baking sheet.
- Keep warm in a 200°F oven while cooking the rest of the slices.
- Enjoy on a BLT, as an appetizer or as a side with your next meal!