Shortbread Cookies with Preserves
Melt in your mouth shortbread cookies topped with Loveless Cafe Preserves and drizzled with dark chocolate…. Yum!
Pecan Shortbread Cookie
- In a medium size bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder, set aside.
- Cream the butter with the sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the pecans, you will have a nice ball of dough.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°F just before you are ready to bake.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured board to 1/4 “thickness. Cut into any shape. We made heart shapes for February!
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 20 minutes in preheated 300°F oven or until edges are lightly browned.
Preserves and Chocolate Drizzle
- Thinly spread your favorite Loveless Cafe Preserves on top of each cooled cookie, and set aside on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil.
- Place the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chips and butter are completely melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies.
- Chill (best if kept chilled until time to serve).