These amazing green velvet cupcakes are flavored with Irish crème and topped with a silky chocolate cream cheese frosting. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day festivities!
Servings: 24 Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper liners into muffin tins.
- In a electric mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, baking powder and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the food coloring, Irish crème, milk and vanilla together.
- Slowly add to the butter mixture in the mixing bowl. Mix until well blended.
- With mixer on low-speed, add the flour, mixing gently until incorporated. Turn mixer to medium-speed and mix for 1 minute.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tin cups two-thirds full.
- Place in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans and placing on wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- In medium bowl, sift cocoa and confectioners sugar together; set aside.
- In an electric mixing bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- With electric mixer on low-speed, add sifted confectioners sugar and cocoa mixture alternately with milk until combined.
- Raise speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Frost your cupcakes once they’ve cooled and add sprinkles on top!