Savory Pumpkin Tart with Peppered Bacon
Get in the Fall spirit with this light and delicious savory tart! Real pumpkin flavor paired with our specialty Peppered Bacon will have you and your guests begging for more!
Servings: Makes 2, Serves 4-6
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the chopped peppered bacon and begin to render.
- Once cooked crisp (but not browned), add the sliced shallots and sauté for 2 minutes before adding the pumpkin and chopped sage.
- Sauté the pumpkin slices until they begin to become translucent and remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 egg and 1 cup of parmesan cheese and blend well; set aside.
- Make an egg wash for the crust by blending the yolk of the remaining egg and a couple tablespoons of water and set aside.
- On a sheet of parchment paper, roll out your pie crust to 1/8 inch thickness, keeping it in a round shape.
- Spread ½ of the cheese mixture evenly across the bottom, leaving about 1 inch uncovered around the edges.
- Disperse ½ of the sautéed pumpkin mixture across the cheese and sprinkle with ¼ cup of remaining parmesan.
- Starting along one side, fold the outside edge of the crust up and over the center, pleating as necessary.
- Brush the exposed crust with egg wash.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make the second tart.
- Transfer the tarts to a baking sheet (keeping on the parchment) and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before slicing and serving.