These scrumptious pinwheels are the perfect addition to your breakfast table! You can even add them to your appetizer rotation – your guests will surely be coming back for more!
Servings: 10 Pinwheels
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Bring 1 pound of sausage to room temperature.
- Follow instructions on Loveless Cafe's Biscuit Mix for 1 pound of biscuit dough.
- Roll out biscuit dough about ⅛ inch thick.
- Spread sausage over dough evenly.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over sausage.
- Starting with the long edge, roll dough and sausage into a tight roll.
- Wrap the roll with parchment paper and stick in the freezer for one hour.
- Take roll out of the freezer and slice into ½-inch rounds.
- Melt ¼ pound butter in a sauce pan. Grease baking sheet and place pinwheels about 2 inches apart.
- Lightly brush pinwheels with melted butter before you place them in the oven.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes if thawed, and 20-25 minutes if frozen, on middle oven rack.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
- Leave remaining pinwheels in the freezer until ready to bake!