Mix biscuit dough with some ricotta cheese, fry into bite-sized balls, and voilà— your guests won’t know what hit them! They’re crunchy on the outside, and soft and fluffy on the inside.
- Pour ricotta cheese into a mesh strainer, cover with a cutting board and weight down with a heavier object such as canned tomatoes on top. Let drain in the fridge for about 1 hour to remove excess water.
- Use an electric mixer to blend together eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the drained ricotta cheese and mix until well combined.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix until well combined then chill dough in fridge for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- Heat oil to 325F and use a cookie scoop to form ball-shaped bites of dough. Fry them for 3-4 minutes each or until golden brown. Let cool on a paper towel to soak up any grease.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with blackberry sauce.
- Combine preserves and water in a saucepan over medium low heat and cook for 2-3 minutes or until preserves become more liquid in consistency.