This perfectly festive, made-from-scratch cupcake recipe is great for any special occasion – just top with sprinkles to match! Recipe created by the Loveless Cafe Pastry Chefs.
Servings: 24 Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tins with 24 liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, milk, and almond extract; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Turn the speed down to low and beat in the egg and yolk, then add the flour mixture and the milk mixture alternately until incorporated.
- Place the blueberries into a small bowl and toss them with 2 tablespoons of flour, then gently fold into the batter.
- Fill the prepared muffin tins 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are cooking and cooling, you can make your frosting.
- Place the softened butter into the bowl of your stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat the butter and salt on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl until completely smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- On low speed, add the confectioners sugar one cup at a time.
- Once all the sugar had been mixed in, add the heavy cream one tablespoon at a time, then beat on high speed until it is nice and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, add frosting as desired.
For a festive look, garnish with your favorite colors!