Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
These crinkle cookies are deep red and perfectly chewy with a delicate crackled crust, dusted with a touch of powdered sugar. Heavenly!
Servings: Makes 2 Dozen Cookies
- Preheat convection oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt into a bowl. Whisk briefly to combine, set aside.
- In an electric mixing bowl on medium speed, cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl to ensure that they are completely incorporated.
- Add food coloring and vanilla extract.
- Reduce speed to low speed. Gradually add in your mixture of flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt, scraping sides of bowl to ensure batter is mixed well.
- Transfer your dough to an airtight container and chill at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Using a 1 ounce scoop, scoop out balls of dough, roll in powdered sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges.
- Store in an airtight container.