Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
These cinnamon sugar cookies with a dollop of pumpkin butter in the middle is our delicious fall-inspired twist on a timeless classic.
Servings: 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, 1 ¾ cups of the sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar over the mixture and fold together by hand until blended.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ¾ cup sugar with the pumpkin pie spice.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the spiced sugar to coat and place on lined cookie sheet, leaving about 2" between each cookie.
- Using your finger or the rounded handle of a wooden spoon, press a small indention into the center of each ball and fill with a tiny dollop of pumpkin butter.
- Bake for about 14 minutes, until the cookies are set around the edges and lightly browned on the bottom.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and allow time to firm up.