Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
Servings: MAKES ABOUT 3 DOZEN COOKIES
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line 2 sturdy cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, 1 ¾ cups of sugar and the vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar over the mixture and fold together by hand until no streaks remain.
- In a wide bowl, mix the remaining ¾ cup sugar with the pumpkin pie spice.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the spiced sugar to coat and set on the lined cookie sheets, setting the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Using your finger or the rounded handle of a wooden spoon, press a small indention into the center of each ball and fill with a tiny dollop of pumpkin butter.
- Bake for about 14 minutes, until the cookies are set around the edges and lightly browned on the bottom but still slightly soft in the middle.
- Transfer to racks to cool.
- They’ll firm up as they set.