This recipe adds festive fall flavor to our famous biscuits, making it the perfect reliever for pumpkin spice fever!
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
Servings: Approximately 40 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet or cast iron skillet with melted butter.
- Add ½ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice to biscuit mix, then stir together in a large mixing bowl.
- Follow package instructions to make biscuits, adding 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to buttermilk.
- Place dough on a well-floured surface. Dust top of dough generously with flour. Knead dough per package instructions.
- Roll out dough with a floured rolling pin, adding flour to top of dough and rolling surface as needed to avoid sticking. Roll out to ½-inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits with a 2-inch cutter.
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet with sides touching one another and brush tops with melted butter.
- Mix remaining ⅛ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Sprinkle over top of biscuits.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through until biscuits are a light brown color.
- Enjoy with a dollop of Sweet Potato Butter.