Pumpkin Cupcake with Maple Cinnamon Buttercream
Nothing says Fall like pumpkin and maple!
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners;set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, and vegetable oil until well blended, scraping bowl if necessary.
- Add eggs one at a time, blending well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, blend until incorporated.
- Scoop batter into prepared cupcake liners, each about three - quarters full.
- Place in preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans and placing on wire rack to cool completely.
Maple Cinnamon Buttercream
- In an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and cream cheese together scraping down sides of bowl, add extracts, cinnamon and salt, making sure its blended well.
- Turn mixer on low speed, gradually add confectioners sugar, scraping sides of bowl in between additions. After all sugar is added, raise speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy.
- Store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
- Refrigerate any leftover buttercream.
Once the pumpkin cupcakes are cooled, top with maple cinnamon buttercream and Loveless Cafe Piggy Popcorn, and they are ready to serve!