Nothing says “It’s fall, y’all!” louder than this seasonal pie made with Loveless Cafe Pumpkin Butter. After these slices are served, your Thanksgivings will never be the same.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
- Place flour, confectioners’ sugar, baking powder, and salt in a food processor and pulse briefly to mix.
- Add butter and pulse until it is cut in and mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add egg yolks and milk and process just until dough is smooth and evenly moistened. Do not process until dough forms a ball or it will be tough.
- Remove dough from processor, divide in half, and press each half into a ball.
- Flatten into two disks, wrap well, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Pumpkin Butter, pumpkin, brown sugar, spice, and salt with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time. Add milk slowly, mixing well.
- Press pie crust into a pie plate, then pour pumpkin mixture into crust.
- Bake 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake another 35 minutes, until center is slightly puffed and jiggles when pan is tapped.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Leave oven on to bake garnish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet with oil.
- Unroll pastry dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Using a small cookie cutter, make whatever shapes you like and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Beat egg with a fork then lightly brush egg on each of the garnishes.
- Bake until lightly browned (approximately 5 to 7 minutes).
- After pie is cool, place garnishes on top and serve.