This smoky flavored appetizer is a Southern twist on a delicious Asian favorite!
- Whisk together vinegar, ⅔ cup sugar, oil, garlic, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place coleslaw mix in a large bowl and add remaining ⅔ cup sugar and salt. Toss to combine and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a colander and rinse thoroughly under cold water. Use a salad spinner to spin dry and return mixture to large bowl.
- Pour vinegar mixture over the coleslaw and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Place pulled pork in a large bowl and add 1 to 1 ½ cups of BBQ Sauce. Thoroughly coat pulled pork with sauce.
- Lay one egg roll wrapper on kitchen surface. Place ¼ cup of pulled pork in center of wrapper and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of coleslaw on top. Fold top of wrapper over filling so it is tightly contained. Brush exposed edges of wrapper with water and fold each side towards the center of the roll. Move roll to tray, seam side down, and repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Fill cooking pan with 2 inches of oil and heat to 325 degrees. Transfer a few rolls at a time to oil and fry until golden brown. This should take about two minutes per side.
- Once fried, transfer egg rolls to a paper towel-lined plate or tray to drain.
- Transfer egg rolls to platter and serve immediately with remaining BBQ Sauce for dipping.