A few of our favorite things… Our Biscuit Mix makes a mean pie shell, especially when filled with Pulled Pork BBQ!
- Preheat Oven to 400°F.
- Make a 1lb batch (half the bag) of Biscuit Mix, per instructions on the bag.
- Roll out 3/4 of the biscuit dough into a circle, about 1/8” thick, using flour to prevent sticking. Carefully fold into quarters or wrap over a rolling pin and transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Ease the dough into the pan without stretching. Trim the edges to leave an overhang of about 1/2”. Fold under and crimp decoratively. Place the pie shell on a sturdy baking sheet to make it easier to maneuver. Line the pie shell with parchment paper and fill with pie weights, or 3 cups dried beans works well too.
- Bake the pie shell for 18-20 minutes. Remove when the dough looks fairly dry but not all browned. Remove paper and beans from shell, and brush with clarified butter.
- While the biscuit pie shell is baking, take the remaining dough and roll out to the size of the piggy pan. Lightly coat the piggy pan with clarified butter, then place the rolled out dough into the pan, trim the edges and press firmly into the pan. Turn on your stove top to medium and place the piggy pan on top, rotating so it doesn’t burn, for about 6-8 minutes. Check the cooked side to see if it has nice color and the pig face shows up well. Then flip the dough over and continue cooking for 6-8 more minutes until lightly brown. Brush both sides with clarified butter and set aside.
- Place the warm barbecue into the prepared biscuit pie shell and drizzle with Loveless Cafe BBQ Sauce. Top with the piggy biscuit face!
- Serve with extra barbecue sauce on the side.