Peppered Bacon Mac n’ Cheese
Cheesy, creamy, bacon-y goodness!
Servings: 8 - 10 servings
- Cook Loveless Cafe Peppered Bacon according to package instructions, cool and chop into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Grease a large casserole dish or two small ones, set aside.
- Cook the elbow macaroni in a stockpot of boiling salted water. For creamy mac n’ cheese, be sure to cook the pasta until limp, not al dente. Drain water from cooked macaroni.
- Pour the drained macaroni into the rectangle greased casserole dish,set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan heat the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to make a roux and stir until very lightly browned.
- Heat the milk in another heavy bottom pan over medium heat and whisk in the roux and bring to a boil to thicken the sauce.
- Add the salt, cayenne and cheeses and remove from heat. Blend well until all cheese is dissolved.
- Add the cooked chopped bacon reserving ¼ cup for garnish on top when you remove from oven.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cooked macaroni and mix well.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, remove from oven, garnish with reserved bacon and serve.
- *This recipe is also wonderful with any of our other flavored bacon’s! Loveless Cafe Cajun, Maple or Applewood Bacon