A rich, thick brownie topped with half a pound of crumbled Loveless Peppered Bacon makes a delicious, sweet n’ spicy dessert for any occasion! Recipe by Chef Scott Peck with Loveless Events.
Servings: 1 - 9" x 13" pan
- Place bacon on a sheet pan in a cold oven, turn oven temperature to 400°F. When bacon is partially cooked (about 8-12 minutes), remove pan from oven and let sit for a few minutes, then place bacon on a paper towel to drain. When bacon is cool, cut into small pieces and set aside.
- Turn oven temperature to 325°F. Grease a 9” x 13” pan and set aside.
- Mix together your flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl with a wire whisk, set aside.
- In an electric mixer on medium speed, mix together eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- With a spatula, slowly fold in your flour, baking powder and salt mixture, alternately with your melted butter and vanilla, trying not to over-mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan.
- Take your cut-up peppered bacon and sprinkle over top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cut and serve warm. You can even top each brownie with some whipped cream and more bacon crumbles!
Contact Loveless Events for more information about catering in the Nashville area.