What a beautifully delicious blackberry surprise !
Servings: Makes 1- 9" Deep Dish Pie
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Rinse and pick over berries to remove any stems or bad fruit. Drain well.
- In a mixing bowl, rub the sugar, corn starch, and spices together with your fingertips. Add the berries and extracts.
- Scrape the berries with all the sugar and spices into a pie shell.
- For the top crust, take the second shell cut into strips and create a lattice design on the top of your pie.
- Set pie on a sturdy sheet pan in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for an hour and 15 minutes, or until the juices are bubbling in the center and the lattice is a light golden brown.
- Let cool before serving.