Biscuit dough is filled with our homemade peach preserves, cinnamon, and nutmeg, then drizzled with a vanilla glaze to make this incredible treat!
Servings: 12 Turnovers
- Cream together powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl until well combined.
- While blending, slowly pour in milk until smooth and runny. Set aside.
- Parchment line an 18-by-13 inch baking sheet. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using half the bag of Biscuit Mix sprinkle in cinnamon and prepare per package instructions.
- Roll biscuit dough into a 14-by-12 rectangle. Be sure to use plenty of flour when rolling so dough doesn’t stick .
- Cut your rectangle into three 4-inch even strips, then cut each strip into 4 squares, about 3¼ inches each. You should have 12 squares.
- Place the diced peaches and preserves in a medium bowl and mix together.
- Place one heaping tablespoon of the fruit mixture in the center of each square making sure to avoid the edges. If there is any fruit mixture left - divide evenly on each square.
- To seal the turnovers, brush egg onto two edges of each pastry.
- Taking the corner of the two edges not brushed with egg wash, fold over the fruit mixture to touch it to the corner with egg wash. Press the edges together to close the turnover.
- Place each turnover on the prepared baking sheet making sure to cut two small slits into the top of each pastry.
- Brush melted butter over each turnover, making sure to reserve some for after baking.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes turning the baking sheet halfway through the cooktime.
- Once removed from the oven, brush each turnover with remaining butter.
- Allow the turnovers to cool for about 20 minutes then drizzle the icing over each turnover.
- Serve warm with a hot cup of coffee or a nice cold glass of milk.