Biscuit dough is filled with our homemade peach preserves, cinnamon, and nutmeg, then drizzled with a vanilla glaze to make this incredible treat!
Servings: 12 Turnovers
- Spray a 18 x 13 inch sheet pan with oil or place a piece of parchment paper on the pan; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare biscuit mix per recipe on bag using 1/2 the bag and adding 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Roll biscuit dough into a 14” x 12” rectangle. Be sure to use plenty of flour when rolling out your dough so it doesn’t stick .
- Cut your rectangle into three - 4 inch even strips, then cut each strip into 4 squares, about 3 1/4 inches each. You should have 12 squares.
- Place the diced peaches and preserves in a medium bowl and mix together.
- Then place 1 heaping tablespoon of the fruit mixture on the middle of each square. If there is any fruit mixture left - divide evenly on each square.
- Now take the egg and crack it into a small bowl and scramble it well. Take a brush and spread the egg around the edge of half of each square.
- Then fold over each piece of dough to make a triangle - pressing down to seal the fruit filling inside the dough.
- Place each turnover on the prepared sheet pan. Now make two small slits in each turnover.
- Brush melted butter over each turnover.
- Bake turnovers in preheated oven for 16 - 20 minutes turning the pan at 8 minutes.
- Butter each turnover again when removed from oven.
- While the turnovers are baking you can make the icing.
- Mix the powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl, stir until well blended, adding milk to make a pour-able consistency, set aside.
- Allow the turnovers to cool for about 20 minutes then drizzle the icing over each turnover.
- Serve warm with a hot cup of coffee or a nice cold glass of milk.