The secret to making perfectly moist pork chops is in the brine. Our signature version features juniper berries and Loveless Cafe Peach-B-Q Rub, which gives the pork a pleasantly tart and slightly fruity flavor profile. Make sure you plan ahead though, because you’ll want to brine it for at least two days before cooking.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
- Combine all ingredients in a large container.
- Place pork loin into brine so that it is completely submerged.
- Refrigerate for 2 days.
- Remove pork loin from brine and wipe off remaining bits of seasoning.
- Liberally coat pork loin with Peach-B-Q Rub.
- Bring smoker to 225 degrees.
- Place pork loin fat side down and smoke for one hour then flip pork loin over, cooking for approximately 45 more minutes. (Tip: smoke the loin 15 to 20 minutes per pound until it reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees).
- Approximately 15 minutes before pork loin is done, remove it from smoker and glaze with Peach Preserves.
- Place pork loin back in smoker for 15 minutes to allow preserves to thicken.
- Remove from smoker and cut pork loin into thick chops.
- If grill marks are desired, grill over direct heat for 1 minute per side.
- Plate pork chops and serve with warm Peach Preserves spooned on top.
Suggestions and Alternatives
- If you do not have a smoker, grill the pork loin over direct heat for approximately 4 minutes per side to obtain caramelization and color on the outside of the loin.
- Grill at 225 degrees for one hour then flip and grill for an additional 45 minutes or until pork loin reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees.
- Follow recipe instructions to glaze pork loin and grill for an additional 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Do not let internal temperature of pork loin exceed 150 degrees as it may become dry.