The Best Ever Southern Peach Cobbler…... Fresh sweet peaches, baked in a spiced brown sugar mixture and topped with the most amazing cobbler topping. This is the perfect ending to any summertime meal. (Pictured is the Cafe’s single-serve Peach Cobbler - limited availability.)
Click Here to see the Loveless Cafe Pastry Chef, Christa Nash, make her Peach Cobbler on Nashville’s Channel 4 WSMV More at Midday TV segment!
Servings: 1 large cobbler
- Lightly grease a 2 quart oven-proof dish, set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place peaches in a medium size bowl, pour zest and juice into peaches; toss well.
- Add dry ingredients to peach mixture; toss well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish; set aside.
Peach Cobbler Dough
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Place flour into a medium size bowl.
- Add sugar, baking powder and salt; mix together.
- Cut in cold butter until coarse crumbs (do not over-mix).
- Add buttermilk until dough is sticky.
- On a well-floured surface, pat out dough to 1 inch thick.
- With a sharp knife dipped in flour, cut dough into squares or shapes and place on top of fruit filling - leaving some space in between each piece of dough.
- Place in oven for approximately 45 minutes or until fully bubbling.