Pimento cheese is a tasty southern spread made up of cheese, mayonnaise and pimentos. Southerners just love their pimento cheese! Often used as an appetizer at social gatherings, this tasty cheese spread is easy to serve on crackers, celery, crostini (pictured) or your favorite vessel. Affectionately known as “Pate of the South.”
Recipe by Chef Scott Peck with Loveless Events.
Servings: 5 cups
- In a food processor, pulse your shredded cheddar cheese just long enough to roughly chop, then set aside.
- In a medium size bowl mix mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, white pepper and drained, rinsed and chopped pimentos.
- Add cheddar cheese from the food processor into the mixing bowl with the mayonnaise mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Place in an airtight container and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Serve with fresh vegetables, crackers, bruschetta toast or two slices of bread.
It’s important to rinse and drain the diced peppers to maintain color and flavor of your pimento cheese.
For a spicy more savory version you can add chipotle peppers!
Loveless Cafe Bacon
- Prepare bacon to package instructions.
- Let bacon cool.
- Cut bacon strips on an angle / / to form a diamond shape.
Scoop your pimento cheese onto your crostini or cracker and top with your cooked bacon diamonds!
Contact Loveless Events for more information about catering in the Nashville area.