These soft, old-fashioned sorghum cookies are the perfect afternoon snack with a cup of hot tea. Enjoy!
Servings: 2 1/2 Dozen
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With your electric mixer on medium speed cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, sorghum and orange peel.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves, cardamon and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop dough by tablespoonful onto a un-greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- After cooled, store in an air tight container.