Home > Recipes > Old-Fashioned Sorghum Cookies
Old-Fashioned Sorghum Cookies
These soft, old-fashioned sorghum cookies are the perfect afternoon snack with a cup of hot tea. Enjoy!
Servings: 2½ Dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With your electric mixer on medium speed cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, sorghum, and orange peel.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves, cardamon, and nutmeg. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop dough by tablespoonful onto a un-greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- After cooled, store in an air tight container.