Looking for a summery dessert for your next picnic… well here you go!
Servings: 4 loaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- With the mixer on medium speed, add one egg at a time alternation with the lemon juice until combined.
- Then, slowly add flour until combined, then add lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Divide mixture into mini loaf pans (5-1/2"x3" x2-1/2") and sprinkle the tops with a little extra sugar (optional).
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Cool for 15 minutes then turn loves out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with Meyer Lemon Marmalade.