The Loveless Cafe Pastry Chefs are so creative, they made this cookie to sell in Hams & Jams Marketing (subject to availability). We then held a contest on Facebook to name them, and Charles B. from Iowa was our winner! Combining sweet chocolate, tart cranberries, and crunchy nuts creates a perfect combination of flavors. These “Merry-Go-Rounds” will hit a sweet spot for everyone.
Servings: 4 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt into a bowl. Whisk briefly to combine. Set aside.
- In an electric mixing bowl on medium speed, cream together butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, incorporate.
- Reduce to low speed. Gradually add in dry ingredients, scraping sides of the bowl to ensure batter is mixed well.
- Drop the dough in heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 14 minutes, rotating the pans at 7 minutes.
- Let cool on the pans for a few minutes to firm slightly, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.