Maple Walnut Biscotti
Rich, nutty, iced maple walnut biscotti paired with a mug of Loveless Cafe coffee is an afternoon favorite.
Servings: About 30 biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, mix butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time until completely blended, then add maple syrup and maple extract.
- With the mixer on low-speed, add flour, baking powder and salt mixture into the butter mixture just until a dough forms; fold in walnuts just to combine.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion of dough into a log the length of the baking sheet, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten each log into a rectangle 3 inches wide X 1 inch tall.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on the bottom and slightly cracked on top, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven to cool for 15 minutes, but leave oven on.
- Slice logs diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices, and lay each slice on its side on the baking sheet.
- Bake the slices of biscotti in the preheated oven until lightly browned and crisp on the outside, about 8 -10 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool for 15 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and place in a small bowl
- Add 1/4 cup Loveless Cafe Maple Syrup to the melted butter and stir together
- Stir 3/4 cup confectioners sugar gradually onto mixture until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze lightly with a spoon over warm biscotti.