Rich, nutty, iced maple walnut biscotti paired with a mug of Loveless Cafe coffee is an afternoon favorite.
Servings: About 30 biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, mix butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time until completely blended, then add maple syrup and maple extract.
- With the mixer on low-speed, add flour, baking powder and salt mixture into the butter mixture just until a dough forms; fold in walnuts just to combine.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion of dough into a log the length of the baking sheet, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten each log into a rectangle 3 inches wide X 1 inch tall.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on the bottom and slightly cracked on top, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool for 15 minutes, but leave oven on.
- Slice logs diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices, and lay each slice on its side on the baking sheet.
- Bake the slices of biscotti in the preheated oven until lightly browned and crisp on the outside, about 8 -10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let cool for 15 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and place in a small bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup Loveless Cafe Maple Syrup to the melted butter and stir together.
- Stir 3/4 cup confectioners sugar gradually onto mixture until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze lightly with a spoon over warm biscotti.