Who doesn’t like bacon in there cookies…
- Cook your Loveless Bacon according to package instructions then set aside to cool.
- Melt your dark chocolate melting wafers according to package instructions.
- Using a pastry brush, coat one side of bacon with the melted chocolate.
- Set aside to cool and harden.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and confectioners’ sugar.
- Add Maple Syrup and vanilla extract; mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the butter mixture until well combined.
- Crumble 4 slices of dried, chocolate covered bacon into the dough and mix until evenly distributed.
- Shape your dough into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unwrap and cut dough into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place each slice 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool cookies for 3 minutes on sheet pan then transfer to cooling rack.
- Cut your remaining 4 slices of bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and use remaining melted chocolate (you will need to re-heat) to adhere them to the tops of the cooled cookies.