A yummy treat for the entire family… What could be better than Loveless Cafe Maple Bacon, biscuit dough, and maple syrup all rolled up into one simple pleasure!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease two 9" x 13" pans or two 12" cast iron skillets.
- Cook maple bacon to package instruction.Reserve grease and set aside.
- Once cooled, chop bacon and divide into four equal portions.
- To make caramel, bring butter, bacon grease, brown sugar, maple syrup, and water to a boil until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together granulated sugar, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper down on your work space and dust with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in your Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix, then add 2 ⅔ cups of buttermilk. Mix until buttermilk is incorporated and dough is sticky.
- Place ½ the biscuit dough on the flour. Dust liberally with more flour on top and fold the dough 2-3 times, adding more flour if necessary.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle.
- Brush liberally with buttermilk and sprinkle with half of the raisin and sugar mixture. Add ¼ of the chopped bacon, keeping one long edge of the dough wet, but clean of the raisin and sugar mixture so the roll will seal. Repeat with second half of dough.
- Cut the roll into ½ inch slices with a serrated knife.
- Pour the caramel into the two greased pans in equal portions and sprinkle each pan with ¼ of the chopped bacon.
- Place the slices of biscuit roll into the mixture, nesting them into the caramel and making sure they are not over crowded in the pan.
- Bake for about 20 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and carefully invert the pan of sticky biscuits onto a serving platter. Enjoy while warm!
Quick Tip: Be sure to bake in a pan with tall sides, as the caramel may boil over in the oven.