This recipe stars three Loveless Cafe signature products— Maplewood Bacon, Maple Syrup, and of course, our world-famous biscuits—all rolled up into one sticky pleasure.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
Servings: 20 to 24
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 9-by-13 pans or two 12-inch cast iron skillets and set aside.
- Cook bacon according to package instructions. Reserve grease and set aside.
- Chop bacon once cool and divide into 4 equal portions.
- In a medium pot, bring butter, bacon grease, brown sugar, water, and Maple Syrup to a boil, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, raisins, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- On a large cutting board, place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper and dust with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in Biscuit Mix and work out any lumps with your hands.
- Add 2⅔ cups buttermilk and blend until a sticky dough is formed.
- Place half the biscuit dough on parchment paper. Dust liberally with more flour and fold the dough 2 to 3 times, adding more flour if necessary.
- Roll out dough into a 9-by-13 rectangle.
- Brush dough liberally with remaining buttermilk.
- Sprinkle half of raisin mixture and one-fourth of chopped bacon on dough, keeping one long edge of dough moist but free of mixture to allow roll to seal.
- Carefully roll dough into a tight log then repeat steps with remaining dough.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the rolls into 1/2-inch slices.
- Divide the caramel between the two greased pans.
- Sprinkle each pan with chopped bacon.
- Place biscuit slices in the mixture, nesting them into caramel and making sure they are not crowded in the pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Immediately after removing from oven, carefully invert the pans onto serving platters. Enjoy while warm.