A yummy treat for the entire family….. What could be better than Loveless Cafe’s maple bacon, biscuits and maple syrup all rolled up into one simple pleasure.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease two 9 x 13 pans well; set aside or 2 - 12 inch cast-iron skillets
- Cook Loveless Cafe Maple Bacon to package instructions, crisp, reserve grease; set aside. Chop bacon when it is cool and divide into 4 equal portions.
- To make caramel, bring butter, bacon grease, brown sugar, water and maple syrup to a boil until smooth; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together granulated sugar, raisins and cinnamon; set aside.
- On your work space place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper dust with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in your Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix (if it’s lumpy, work the lumps out with your hands), then add your 2 2/3 cups of buttermilk, mix until buttermilk is incorporated, dough will be sticky.
- Place 1/2 the biscuit dough on the flour, dust liberally with more flour on top and fold the dough 2-3 times, adding more flour if necessary.
- Roll your dough into rectangle.
- Brush liberally with buttermilk and sprinkle with half of the raisin and sugar mixture and 1/4 of the chopped bacon, keeping one long edge of the dough wet but clean of the raisin and sugar mixture so the roll will seal. Repeat with second half of dough.
- Cut the roll into 1/2 inch slices with a serrated knife.
- Pour the caramel into the two greased pans in equal portions, sprinkle each pan with 1/4 of the chopped bacon.
- Place the slices of biscuit roll into the mixture, nesting them into the caramel and making sure they are not over crowded in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and carefully invert the pan of sticky biscuits onto a serving platter and enjoy while they are warm.