Maple Bacon Pancake Muffins
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Sweet, salty and with a hint of maple syrup, these sweet gems would be a perfect addition to any breakfast! Recipe by Executive Chef Scott Peck with Loveless Events.
- Using your electric mixer on medium speed, mix the cream cheese and the maple syrup together, scraping sides of bowl at least one time, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add your powdered sugar and salt scrape sides of bowl two to three times until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before using.
Loveless Cafe Maple Bacon
- Cook the bacon crispy. We suggest cooking in cast iron skillet or in the oven on a sheet pan.
- Remove bacon from cooking vessel and place on a paper towel to drain.
- When bacon is cooled, cut into pieces no bigger that 1/2 inch, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Prepare pancake mix according to package instructions.
- Place pancake batter in refrigerator allowing it to rest for about five minutes, while oven is pre-heating.
- Spray inside of muffin tins with non stick spray.
- Lightly coat your oiled pan with granulated sugar, making sure that all the bottom and sides are coated, shaking off the excess.
- Pour the pancake mix into the oiled and sugared muffin tins filling each 3/4.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.This time may change depending on size of muffin tin.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Remove your frosting from the refrigerator place in the pastry bag with a star tip.
- Apply frosting to the top of the muffin.
- Sprinkle the top of the frosting with the prepared cut-up Loveless Cafe Maple Bacon.
- Drizzle the top of each muffin with about 1/2 teaspoon of Loveless Cafe Maple Syrup.