These magnificent muffins are a signature creation of the Loveless Events team—and one of their most popular recipes. With just the right amounts of Maple Syrup and Maplewood Bacon, they’re the perfect balance of sweet and salty and guaranteed to go fast on any breakfast spread. So make a big batch because there will be a house full of early risers when these muffins are in the oven.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
Servings: 12 to 16
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, blend the cream cheese and Maple Syrup together, scraping sides of bowl until combined.
- Slowly add confectioners’ sugar and salt. Scrape sides of bowl 2 to 3 times until all ingredients are combined.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before using.
Use a pastry bag with a star tip to pipe the icing or cut the corner off a resealable plastic bag and use it to top the muffins.
- Cook bacon according to package instructions until crispy.
- Once cooked, place bacon on a paper towel to drain.
- When bacon is cooled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces or smaller and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Pancake Mix according to package instructions.
- While oven is preheating, chill pancake batter and allow to rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Coat inside of muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Lightly spray the oiled pan with sugar, making sure the bottoms and sides are coated, then shake off the excess.
- Pour batter into the oiled and sugared muffin pans, filling each three-quarters full.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, then cool to room temperature.
- Top each muffin with frosting.
- Sprinkle tops of frosted muffins with bacon, and drizzle with approximately ½ teaspoon of Maple Syrup.