A Loveless Cafe creation… Tennessee sipping whiskey and chocolate chips added to our already delicious pecan pie… it is a must-have during the Iroquois Steeplechase here in Nashville.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Toss pecans with the chocolate chips and scatter them evenly over the bottom of your pre-baked pie shell.
- Put the sugar in a medium size mixing bowl; add the melted butter, whiskey and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the corn syrup and whisk until blended.
- Pour this mixture over the nuts and chips in the pie shell.
- Set the pie on a sturdy baking sheet in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 50- 55 minutes, until the filling puffs up a bit and sets across the top of the pie.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.