Loveless Pecan Pie
This is a simple, classic PECAN PIE RECIPE, made with just a handful of ingredients. As served in the Loveless Cafe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Scatter the pecans evenly over the bottom of the pre baked pie shell.
- Place the brown sugar in a mixing bowl; add the melted butter, vanilla and cinnamon and whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the corn syrup and whisk until blended.
- Pour mixture over the nuts in the prebaked pie shell
- Set on a sturdy baking sheet in the middle of the oven. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes or until filling puffs and rises above the edges of the pie shell.
- Carefully remove pie from oven and let cool completely before serving.
Tips for pre -baked pie shell:
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Weather using a store-bought prepared shell or homemade pastry, place the pie shell on a sturdy baking sheet to make it easier to maneuver.
- Line the shell with parchment paper and fill with 3 cups of dried beans or pie weights.
- Bake the shell for 18 – 20 minutes. the dough should look fairly dry but not at all browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Remove the paper and the beans or pie weights.
- Let the shell cool completely before proceeding with your recipe.
- Be sure to save the beans they can be reused many times.