And we thought blackberry preserves was only for biscuits……
Servings: 2 whole chickens/ 4 halves
- In a medium size bowl, mix together, water, vinegar, bay leaves, garlic and brown sugar, mix thoroughly,
- Split chicken in half, removing back bone. Marinate in prepared brine for 1-2 days.
- Drain chicken, pat dry. Sprinkle with dry rub. Smoke or grill for approximately 3 hours, until internal temp of breast reaches 160*F.
- When chicken is cooked ( 160*F internal temp of breast), coat liberally with Loveless Cafe Blackberry BBQ sauce. Place on grill or in 350* F oven. Be careful not to scorch. Brush with sauce several times while turning chicken until well sauced. Some lightly charred color is desired.
- Serve with your favorite sides!