A fun snack, appetizer or dessert…. You cannot go wrong with Bacon and Chocolate!
- Place the bacon on a sheet pan and bake in a preheated 350* F oven for about 15 -20 minutes, until the bacon is cooked very crisp. Exact baking time will depend on the thickness of the bacon and how crispy you like it. Drain the bacon on paper towels. When cool, crumble the bacon.
- Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Cut baguette into 1/2 inch slices on an angle.
- Arrange baguettes on a baking sheet and brush tops with olive oil.
- Toast slices under the broiler, about 1 minute. Watch carefully to avoid burning. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix crumbled bacon with chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Top each baguette slice with a small amount of mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chocolate chips are soft but still hold their shape, about 5 minutes.