Lemon Icebox Pie
This Southern Lemon Icebox pie is packed with tangy-sweet flavor. A perfect complement to any meal!
Servings: 6-8 Servings
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Place the condensed milk in a medium bowl and whisk in the egg yolks until completely combined.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and zest.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Place pie on a sheet pan, in preheated oven, bake for 40 minutes, rotating half way (15 minutes).
- Remove from oven allow to cool for 15 minutes, then cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Shortly before serving, place cream, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl and whip with an electric mixer on high speed until moderately stiff.
- Top the pie with whipped cream and your favorite garnish, enjoy!
Tip: If you are using a store bought crust, you will have to cut the pie filling recipe in half.
No-Bake Cookie Crust
- Place cookie crumbs, sugar and nuts, if using, in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Add the melted butter and toss with a fork until evenly moistened.
- Pour into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Using your fingertips, pat the mixture evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pan, pressing gently to pack.
Tip: Work quickly while the butter is still warm and liquid; the crumbs will be much easier to manipulate.Once the butter chills and sets, its almost impossible to shape a smooth even crust.