Lemon Icebox Pie
This Southern Lemon Icebox pie is packed with tangy-sweet flavor. A perfect complement to any meal!
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
Servings: Serves 8
No-Bake Cookie Crust
- Place cookie crumbs, sugar, and nuts (if desired) in a bowl and stir together.
- Add butter and toss with a fork until evenly moistened.
- Pour crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Using your fingers, pat mixture evenly across the bottom and up the sides of plate, pressing gently to pack.
Tip: Work quickly while the butter is still warm and crumbs will be much easier to manipulate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour condensed milk into a medium bowl and whisk in egg yolks until completely combined.
- Whisk in lemon juice and zest.
- Pour lemon mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotating after 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Top pie with fresh whipped cream and your favorite garnishes.
Fresh Whipped Cream
- In a chilled stand mixer bowl, combine heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla, whipping at medium speed until stiff peaks form.