Hummingbird Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
These Hummingbird Cupcakes are so moist and flavorful, every bite will make you hum with delight! This recipe was created by our Loveless Cafe Pastry Chef Christa Nash!
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon into large mixing bowl, whisk briefly to combine; Add eggs, oil and vanilla and mix to moisten.
- Add the pineapple, pecans and bananas to the batter and mix in well.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full.
- Bake, rotating tins half way through, until cake tester in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer tins to a wire rack and cool completely before removing cupcakes.
* Be sure your cupcakes are cooled completely before you ice them with cream cheese frosting.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- In an electric mixer on medium speed; beat cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl 1-2 times
- Add extract, zest and juice; mix well
- Turn mixer down to low, gradually add sugar, scraping bowl between additions
- Whip until light and fluffy and no lumps