These Hummingbird Cupcakes are so moist and flavorful, every bite will make you hum with delight! This recipe was created by our Loveless Cafe Pastry Chef, Christa Nash!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl. Whisk briefly to combine, then add eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the pineapple, pecans, and bananas to the batter and mix well.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full.
- Bake, rotating half way through, until cake tester in center comes out clean (about 20 minutes).
- Cool completely before removing cupcakes.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- In an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down sides of bowl 1-2 times.
- Add extract, zest, and juice. Mix well.
- Turn mixer down to low and gradually add sugar, scraping bowl between additions.
- Whip until light and fluffy with no lumps.
* Be sure your cupcakes are cooled completely before you ice them with cream cheese frosting.