These Hummingbird Cupcakes are so moist and flavorful, every bite will make you hum with delight! This recipe was created by our Loveless Cafe Pastry Chef Christa Nash!
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon into large mixing bowl, whisk briefly to combine; Add eggs, oil and vanilla and mix to moisten.
- Add the pineapple, pecans and bananas to the batter and mix in well.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full.
- Bake, rotating tins half way through, until cake tester in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer tins to a wire rack and cool completely before removing cupcakes.
* Be sure your cupcakes are cooled completely before you ice them with cream cheese frosting.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- In an electric mixer on medium speed; beat cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl 1-2 times
- Add extract, zest and juice; mix well
- Turn mixer down to low, gradually add sugar, scraping bowl between additions
- Whip until light and fluffy and no lumps