Homemade Peach Ice Cream
You’ve got to try this homemade peach ice cream! We’ve added our Peach Preserves and topped it with some fun toppings and the results are just….peachy!
- Peel skins from peaches, remove the pits and chop into small bite size pieces in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of lemon juice over the peaches and stir; set aside.
- In a large bowl add egg yolks, brown sugar and salt, whisk well.
- Place 2 cups whole milk and sweetened condensed milk in a medium-sized pan over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Using a candy thermometer, bring the milk up to 170°F for about one minute.
- Slowly add just a little of the warmed milk into the egg yolk mixture. Add it slowly and whisk quickly to temper the eggs.
- Continue to whisk and add milk until incorporated with the egg mixture. Pour this back into the sauce pan.
- Add the chopped peaches, peach preserves and vanilla extract, stir to combine.
- Cook this mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it again reaches 170°F.
- The custard is ready when it has reduced and thickened enough that it coats the back of a spoon. Run your finger across the spoon and if it leaves a trail, the custard base is ready.
- Place the sauce pan in your sink and surround it with cold water, string it often as it cools.
- Place cooled base in a covered container and refrigerate. It will last for at least 24 hours.
- Use the base mixture and enough whole milk to reach the fill line on your ice cream maker.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions for your ice cream maker to complete.
Serve with your favorite ice cream toppings – we like to use Piggy Pecans!