Nothing beats a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade on a hot day. We’ve been calling upon this recipe to combat the dog days of summer as long as we can remember. It’s simple and sweet, just the way lemonade should be.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
Servings: ½ gallon
- Place sugar, salt, and 2 cups water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Stir until sugar dissolves completely then remove from heat. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Juice lemons into a bowl, discarding seeds, to make 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Combine lemon juice, warm sugar mixture, and remaining 6 cups water in a pitcher and stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve over ice and garnish with sliced lemons.