Holiday Red Velvet Cupcake
‘Tis the season to satisfy your sweet tooth with our holiday-themed Red Velvet Cupcakes!
Servings: Makes 24 Cupcakes
- Preheat convection oven to 300°F (conventional 320°F). Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt into bowl, whisk briefly to combine; and set aside.
- In an electric mixing bowl on medium speed, mix together sugar and canola oil until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl to ensure that they are completely incorporated.
- Add food coloring, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Reduce to low speed.Add dry ingredients in batches, scraping sides of bowl to ensure batter is mixed well.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, rotating tins half way through cooking time, until cake tester in center comes out clean.
- Transfer tins to wire rack and cool completely before removing cupcakes.
* Be sure your cupcakes are completely cooled before you frost them.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In an electric mixer on medium speed; mix cream cheese and butter together until soft and smooth. Scraping sides of bowl, be sure all ingredients are incorporated well.
- On low speed; slowly add sifted confectioners sugar in batches, scraping sides of bowl, beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Baking Tip: Do not use reduced fat or non fat cream cheese.
- Frost your cupcakes, add any garnish you’d like, and enjoy!