This is the Loveless Cafe’s Southern fried chicken recipe, the only one you will ever need.
- Cut chicken into eight pieces.
- Rinse pieces in cold water and let them soak in fresh cold salted water for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Place Fried Chicken Breading into a bowl. .
- Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil (preferably soy or canola ) in a large skillet over medium-high heat (375°F in an electric skillet).
- Dredge chicken through the breading, coating well on all surfaces.
- Pat off excess breading and place chicken in hot oil, making sure pieces are not touching each other.
- When the chicken is browned (approximately 5 minutes), turn pieces over and reduce heat to medium (300°F). Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Then remove lid, bring heat back to medium high and turn chicken, cooking an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Let chicken drain on a paper towel before eating.