Servings: 6 - 8
- In a heavy saucepan, stir together the milk and 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
- In a second bowl,stir together the remaining sugar and cornstarch; then stir it into the egg yolks until smooth.
- When the milk comes to a boil, drizzle it into the bowl with the yolks, sugar and corn starch in a thin stream while mixing so that you do not cook the eggs.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan, and slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly so the eggs don’ t curdle or scorch on the bottom.
- When the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, remove from the heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter until it is completely blended in.
- Pour into a heat-proof container and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until chilled before using.
To Assemble Your Pie
Lay slices of peeled ripe banana across the bottom of the pie, sprinkle ½ of the bacon over the banana and cover with ½ of the peanut butter filling. Repeat and top with fluff before serving. Enjoy!
- In a medium size stainless steel bowl, place egg whites, sugar and corn syrup and whisk together.
- Place the bowl over simmering water (double boiler) and heat to 170*, continuously mixing.
- In a small bowl place 1 tablespoon of water and the gelatin and allow to bloom, then add to egg mixture.
- Add vanilla and salt to egg mixture
- When the egg mixture reaches 170* pour into a clean electric mixing bowl and whip until cool. It will whip stiff.
- Place on top of prepared Elvis pie and serve!